Recent Posts

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Rafsanjani's Daughter Arrested

TEHRAN: The daughter of Iran's former president Akbar Hashemi-Rafsanjani and four relatives were arrested over their involvement in protests against alleged election fraud in Iran, the Fars news agency reported on Sunday.

Faezeh Hashemi, a renowned women's rights activist, former parliament deputy and head of women sports in Iran, has in the recent years emerged, like her father, as one of the main opponents of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

Ahmadinejad had before the June 12 election accused Rafsanjani and his children of corruption. Fars said that Faezeh, her daughter and three other relatives were arrested during Saturday's demonstrations for 'agitating' the protestors.

link: Rafsanjani's daughter arrested in Iran - Middle East - World - The Times of India

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I`m Persian
Let me to tell these people who is killing my brothers and sisters in Iran. you can kill us. let my blood to cover the earth. My Brothers and my sisters will get to you they will punish you I`m not scaring from dead. I`m ready to die for freedom.

Post a Comment